Tara Cain describes herself as "a working mother with two young children and I am a total bookworm. My children are bookworms too which makes me want to whoop! Whoop!"
She is the features editor on a daily newspaper and writes a mummy blog here.
I can't believe no one has nominated this modern day classic.
Written by the brilliant Julia Donaldson, it's the tale of a little mouse who invents a terrible creature to ensure safe passage through the forest and all the animals trying to eat him for their tea.
But the mouse's invention isn't confined to his imagination and so he has to use his ingenuity to escape the clutches of this nightmarish monster.
Written in a lovely sing songy rhyme, it has gripped both of my children - and I actually don't mind reading it 14 nights in a row which is the norm for a book they love!
- Go here for the official Gruffalo site.
- This is what wiki has to say on the subject.
- Find more about Julia Donaldson here.
- Marvel at the genius illustrations of Axel Scheffler here.
- To buy this book postage free go here.
Sponsored by BubbleCow.