A concise Chinese~English dictionary for lovers
Anita Collins is a full time nurse, book, internet and journal writing junkie. She lives in Ireland and has two sons, one of whom has just flown the nest. Anita says that she has a book in EVERY room in the house, that a day without words is a day wasted, and that a girl can never have enough jewellery.
I bought this book thinking it was for people who loved Chinese culture, and wanted help with the language! - How naive :)
It is a charming read, funny and touching in parts. The story is about a Chinese girl who comes to London to learn English, and struggles with it. People cannot pronounce her name. Then she meets an older man, falls in love and realizes that love is even trickier than language. :) I'm a sucker for any Chinese author, and this girl really delivered.
I read the book in one evening.
- Read a review for this book in the Guardian by going here.
- Go here for more book by Xiaolu Guo.
- This is Xiaolu Guo's official website.
- Find out about Xiaolu Guo's life as a film maker here.
- Buy a new copy of A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary for Lovers.
- Buy a second hand copy of A Concise Chinese~English dictionary for lovers.
- Submit your own choice for OneBook here.